Well……………it’s that time of the year again. My family and I live on a Street called Alegria Avenue just off Balwdin north of downtown. Also known as ‘The Halloween Street”. Each year we get about 8-10k visitors on our street. No kidding. Really. It is such an event, the city needs to get involved. The police set up blockades at the ends of the street and set up boom lights as well. They also have police on foot patrol. It’s totally safe and kids can wander around without threat of cars. We give out about 4500 pieces of candy. It truly is insane. The street is so packed and 99% of all the visitors are dressed up. Even the ones that aren’t trick or treating dress up. This tradition started years ago and it seems as if it gets a bit bigger every year. My wife remembers as a kid coming to Alegria to get candy and see the decor. In fact, it is the very reason why we moved to this street. All because of Halloween. The kids love it and our home is open to any friends or family that want to stop by. We decorated our house for two days this past weekend and I still have a half days work on Saturday in order to get ready. Come visit. You won’t be disappointed.
You are here: Home » Alegria Avenue – Sierra Madre’s Crazy Halloween Street!
October 28, 2011 | 0 Comments
Author:CraigCardellaFor the past nine years, I have lived in Sierra Madre, raising two girls and a thriving small business with my beautiful wife. Over those years, I have learned that anything worth doing is a challenge, so I got comfortable with rolling up my sleeves. The Real Estate market has transformed drastically over the last five years. While other career realtors were leaving the industry, I doubled down, working with the award-winning Dilsaver Group to navigate the changing landscape. Working through those difficult times bolstered my ability to problem-solve, and to find dynamic new ways to reach buyers. * At the end of the day, Real Estate is the business of Homes. What makes a house a home is different for everyone. For me it’s a place to get away from life and be with family. It’s a big backyard and spending weekends puttering around it, feeling the sun on my face. Every home is full of stories. Understanding that is paramount to finding the right buyer. Our homes are the witnesses to first steps, quiet victories, old friends, They are where we become families and become ourselves. Selling your home is the beginning of a new chapter. I look forward to helping you get started.
Calendar of Events
- My Recent Double Date February 20, 2012
- Food Trucks are COMING!! August 2, 2011
- Great Public Art Display September 12, 2011
- Nice Value on East Grandview in Sierra Madre November 15, 2011
- The state of foreclosures is overwhelming! December 30, 2011
- Builder Turf Wars Plague Arcadia! March 27, 2013
- Halloween is back on Alegria Avenue, Sierra Madre! October 30, 2012
- Who needs a project (on a great street)? September 13, 2012
- Best Deal in Town #4 July 12, 2012
- Best Deal in Town #3 (NE Altadena) June 23, 2012
- charles patton: Alegria Street is the best Halloween event in Los Angeles. Period. No one in the county should miss it.
- sideworkends: This place look gorgeous! love the dining room and the yard.
- CraigCardella: Thank you. Hope all is well.
- Lynn Egan: I so love reading your post's. Your articles are very interesting and informative. Your girls are growing up so …
- CM: good one dude. we outta go up there and look around...